maandag 13 december 2010

Brigade-General? What the hell...

Totally unexpected...

Like every Monday morning, before I go to work I do a quick login to check my IM's and get a copy of last night's meeting log.

To my surprise I found several congratulations in my inbox. It made me happy, because it could indicate that I received a promotion to O-6, Oberst (colonel). Opening the IM's and responding them, I found this IM of our leader:

[18:40] Christoph Naumova: Not here for your Kommand promotion
[18:40] Christoph Naumova: tsk
[18:40] Christoph Naumova: tsk
[18:40] Christoph Naumova: motha
[18:40] Christoph Naumova: fuckin
[18:40] Christoph Naumova: tsk

I was totally surprised. With a trembling hand I opened the main group's groups notes. I opened the notecard attached to it, and went all the way to the bottom of the card, because Christopher usually calls out the promotions at the end of the meeting. I browsed a bit up and there it was:

[18:49] Christoph Naumova shouts: First promotion tonight is of Combateer into the position of K-1, Brigadegeneral, in Vanguard.
[18:50] Christoph Naumova shouts: This was requested and accepted via all the Kommand at the Kommand meeting.
[18:50] Christoph Naumova shouts: Congratulations to Combateer when she shows up to hear it.

On days like this I really hate the obligations of my real life... I really feel the need to talk to my comrades. Why did I deserve that honor? I am not special, active nor overwhelmingly skilled in combat.

I shared my feelings with Pyetra, one of my brothers in arms. In this case it is a sister, but who cares. She told me what makes me important is that I help people when I am around.

For me that is true. As an officer the wellbeing of the troops is the utmost concern. This is in my view the only way to earn respect. If that was the reason for my promotion, I am really proud of my achievement.

Love you all!!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten